VDC Display Systems – VDCDS History
VDC Display Systems – VDCDS is one of the world's leading providers of innovative display systems, and has provided more than 5,000 simulation and training display systems as a contractor on multiple Federal contracts to support the United States Air Force, Marines, National Guard, Navy and commercial businesses. We utilize the latest technology to develop visual systems that transform complex display requirements into reality. Our creative ideas provide comprehensive, customized solutions that ensure our customers' success. Our products include state-of-the-art Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) and modified COTS displays and projection equipment. We also provide custom system design consulting and manufacturing, software and hardware integration, and technical services.
We serve a global customer base. Our customers include U.S. Armed Forces, Government Agencies, leading system integrators, energy companies, universities, manufacturing and design firms and many other display system and projection equipment users.
Our focus is based on working closely with our customers. We fully understand that each application has a unique set of needs and requirements. To meet these challenges, VDCDS has moved from working predominantly with Cathode Ray Tube (CRT) solutions to a broad range product line of Commercial Off-the-Street (COTS), ruggedized and motion capable Liquid Crystal on Silicon (LCoS) and Digital Light Processing (DLP) projectors. We couple our products with a proven record for designing, manufacturing, installing, integrating and testing multi-channel or ultra-high resolution display systems to satisfy or exceed the requirements of the most demanding applications.
- Over 30 years of high resolution projector design experience
- Full range of high resolution displays for Industrial, Government, and Military training simulation
- Major supplier to US Government Agencies and Military branches
- Responsive Customer Service Organization to ensure customer satisfaction
- Experienced and advanced Engineering design capability to meet customer product requirements
72-Inch Workstation (WS72)
VDCDS's 72-inch curved workstation uses five (5) 250-lumen LED projectors, flat mirrors, a curved cylindrical screen and geometry, blending and warping software to provide a seamless, continuous curve, high resolution display system for a multitude of potential workstation solutions [helicopter pilot, automobile driver, unmanned Aerial Vehicle/System (UAV/UAS) pilot/operator training; Command and Control (C2) stations; control room monitoring, etc.] for both military and commercial use.
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicle/Unmanned Aircraft System (UAV/UAS)
- Dual Seat Digital Light Processing/Light Emitting Diode (DLP/LED)
- Displays High Resolution Images and Data across a Seamless, Continuous Curve Display Screen
- Designed for UAV/UAS Pilot/ Operator Training
- Suitable for Multiple Markets/ Applications to include Command and Control (C2), Control Rooms, etc
Special Operations Forces (SOF) Technology for Eye Limiting Image Representation (STELIR)
STELIR, Eglin Air Force Base, FL, Hurlburt Field â€“ Integrated three (3) state-of-the-art Sony SRX S105 4196 x 2160 LCOS projectors into an existing SOF Air Ground Interface Simulator (SAGIS)
2008 to Present â€“ US Navy/Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) Aegis Cruiser Combat Information Center (CIC)
- Over 140 PT563A projector assemblies, with SSL6000 Light Emitting Diode (LED) ruggedized projectors, to replace legacy CRT projectors in the VDCDS-designed PT563 display systems
- Fourteen (14) 42-inch screen MMD Systems delivered to land-based laboratories and shipboard installation Eight (8) 32-inch screen and 42-inch screen MMD System for shipboard PT563A installation
- 88 SSL7000 Extreme Short Throw (EST) projectors [Four (4) for each MMD System Full software suite for blending and control
Multipurpose Supporting Arms Trainer (MSAT) and Supporting Arms Virtual Trainer (SAVT)
2008 â€“ MSAT2 â€“ Coronado Naval Amphibious Base, CA â€“ Installed MSAT S/N 2 with a 240 x 60 degree dome and three (3) Sony SRX S105 projectors with warping and blending
2009 â€“ MSAT3 â€“ Fallon Naval Air Station (NAS), NV â€“ Installed MSAT S/N 3 with a 260 x 60 degree dome and three (3) Sony SRX T105 projectors with warping and blending
High Resolution WASP Trainers
Four (4) full and one (1) half F35/WASP Trainer Display Systems:
Full systems comprised of eight (8) screens, seven (7) mirrors and thirteen (13) projectors.
Used in several F16, F18, F22, the latest F35 JSF and several other flight trainers.
- Half system comprised of six (6) screens, four (4) of which are active; three (3) mirrors and nine (9) projectors.
- VDCDS unique and proprietary screens design provide the user with a virtually seamless visual environment with resolutions better than 3.0 arc min/lp
- VDCDS Proprietary optics allow for smaller footprints than using standard projection lenses.
- VDCDS Visual Systems control modules offering auto calibration of display image settings, warp and blend.
- Options include hardware and software for NVG training.
Laser Light Source Projectors
- No lamps to replace
- Maintenance free up to 20,000 hours +
- Warping built-in
- At 7,000 lumens, the world's brightest laser light source projector
- 1920 x 1200 Native resolution
Sony Extreme Short Throw (EST) 4K (SSL9000)
- 4096 x 2160 Native resolution
VDC Display Systems | 7177 North Atlantic Ave | Cape Canaveral, FL. 32920 | USA Tel: +321-784-4427
Download: VDCDS Brochure (PDF)
Request a free on-site demo